Published on November 10th, 2011 | by Mithil Bhatia0
Tango App now available for Windows Phone at Windows Phone Marketplace [Download]
Tango, the first application for making video calls on Windows Phone, is now available in the Windows Phone Marketplace. As mentioned, it is the first ever application to make video calls on Windows Phone Operating System from Microsoft, but it is already available on other platforms like Android, iPhone and PCs or Laptops, so its debut in Windows Phone doesn’t make a very big deal, but sooner or later it was suppose to arrive. Remember that last month Microsoft acquired Skype, but it seems that Skype is pretty far from launching a new app for latest Microsoft WP devices.
Anyway, Tango allows you to make free phone calls and free video calls over 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi. Make calls to any other person who has Tango installed on their smartphone, tablet or PC. Start a Tango call with just voice, and easily move into a video call when you have something to share. It’s easy to use, it’s fun, and it works.
- Free calls between Windows Phone, Android and iOS phones and tablets, and PCs
- Save money with free international calls to other Tango members
- Start a phone call with Tango and switch to a video call when you have something to show by tapping the camera icon
- We automatically find the friends that already have Tango
- No log in and password – create an account in less than five seconds
- Invite your friends by Text and Email
- Simple and easy to use
It’s advantageous if you use Tango with Windows Phone device with front facing camera like upcoming HTC TITAN with Windows Phone 7.5 (as seen in video). Along with Windows Phone 7.5 or higher, Tango is also compatible with the first generation of handsets with Windows Phone, which means that if you already upgraded Mango, you can download the application from the Marketplace and make video calls with the rear camera without any problems.
Download Tango for Windows Phone 7.5 or higher from Windows Phone Marketplace.